Homemade Salad Dressings
In the early spring box, we sent an array of different leafy greens you can use to make a yummy salad!
The mixed greens, some radicchio, endive and swiss chard! Just like what you get in bags at the store that go bad before you get to them.
Make a fresh salad at home right from your backyard!
Here are some fun salad dressing you can dress your salad in and try out, enjoy!
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Djion mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, like soy, peanut, or corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, vinegar, and salt. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a creamy dressing. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh or dried thyme (optional)
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Dijon mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Add the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Then, add the olive oil.
2. As you pour in the oil, whisk continuously until the dressing is emulsified.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half and half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and salt, until smooth. Gently stir in the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and season with pepper to taste. Use now or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Thousand Islands Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons finely diced onion ((I use red onion but yellow or white would work just fine))
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic ((about half of a small clove))
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce ((optional))
1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld. Serve.
Keeps refrigerated for up to a week.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Add all ingredients to a jar, place the lid on the jar, and give it a good shake!
shake before each use!
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Place all the ingredients in a jar and seal tightly.
- Shake vigorously. The mustard with help emulsify the vinaigrette and give it a thick luxurious quality.